Thursday, September 6, 2007

Oh Henry!

This one is going in a corner bed that is begging for more fall action.

'Henry Eilers' Rudbeckia

It gets about 4ft tall, and 2 ft wide.
It loves the sun.
It doesn't mind a bit of neglect (I can provide that).
It also does pretty well as a cut flower.

I have pulled some of the fading summer annuals in anticipation of planting fall pansies, and some hardy plumbago.

This little (big) guy caught my eye and will be good towards the middle of the bed where I need some more height and definitely more fall interest.

6 comments:

Laurie and Chris said...

I have never seen Henry before . I love it!!

Carol Michel said...

That's a stunning Rudbeckia. I need to find one of those for my garden

Carol at May Dreams Gardens

Melissa said...

Oooooooooooh very pretty - I like the almost spidery feel to the thin petals.

Q said...

I bet the butterflies like it too!
Very pretty Rudbeckia.
I too am looking forward to Fall. For me Autumn is all about mums and apples! The monarchs are migrating and maybe very soon I will be needing a sweater. Your leaves may begin to turn before mine in the mid-west. Looking forward to your Fall and to mine.
Sherry

Moe said...

Very pretty!

kris said...

I like the different petal shape (well, different from the ones I have, anyway!) - very pretty - I'm adding it to my list. Thanks!